Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Music and Writing


  1. I listen to music literally every minute of every day. I don’t think I’ve gone 24 hours without listening to my own choice of music in years. Music resurfaces all types of emotions for me, depending on the song it can make me feel extremely happy and alive or it could remind me of all the sad in my life and bring me down.
  2. My favorite song at the moment is Trouble by Halsey because I have recently been going through some rough patches and it just kind of explains what I’m thinking and feeling. Just like her song Hurricane im not sure I could make a decision right now but they both really explain how im feeling and what I want to say.
  3. My taste in music has changes immensely over the years, I went from listening to Hannah Montana and Usher to listening to strictly All Time Low, Blink 182, Fleetwood Mac and a whole bunch of different bands and it has definitely changed my styles and everything about me.
  4. I gravitate more to bands and “punk” styles because that’s what I enjoy, I don’t enjoy listening to Ariana Grande or Kanye West. I never really have so it’s not hard for me to gravitate to that style of music.  
  5. I have only a handful of friends that listen to the type of music I listen to and I think it’s mainly because I’m so different than my friends and they think they have no business listening to what I listen to. They think its “revolting” which I take serious offense to.
  6. Without music the world would be dull. It scares me so much to think about if I didn’t have music, I would be a completely different person and even thinking about that scares the crap out of me.
  7. Without music I would be so lost. I mean I already am but more than usual. Music has always been my gateway and without it I wouldn’t be me. I wouldn’t be able to function properly.
  8. I admire the music of Halsey because she doesn’t care what people think, she writes about sex, and drugs and I love it because that’s her, she couldn’t care less if her peers like it because that’s what she wants to write and she won’t let anyone change that.
  9. Music is the essence of poetry. Music is poetry with background noise. I can’t begin to explain how much people pour their hearts and souls into music and they sing what they wouldn’t dare to speak. Music is how they feel and act. It’s who a person is. (This is question 13)
  10. Music for me, provides a gateway that nothing else can. It’s cheesy but it speaks what I wouldn’t dare. It explains what I feel and it heals me in ways I could never be able to explain. That’s really all I can say about that because I mentally and physically cannot put this into words. ( This is 14)

1 comment:

  1. I found Halsey and listened to Hurricane. What a beautiful voice. I'm sorry you're feeling lost. If there's anything I can do, please let me know. It will be okay. Somehow.

    ReplyDelete