Friday, March 20, 2015

Poems by Pictures: Inspired by Banksy

I will be using a Graffiti Artist who goes by the name of Banksy. He goes across New York spray painting building with, truly inspiring and honest pieces of art work. To me this is what an artist really is. He tries to make a statement under a false identity and it has always spoken to me.

Follow your dreams everyone shouted,
But really, no one wants you to achieve that.
They want you to believe you can accomplish anything.
Until finally you give up,
Fall to the ground,
And throw in the towel.
They want you to believe you’re no better than the young lad sitting next to you in your cubical working for the government.

Oh but trust me young one,
People are not what they seem to be.
People cheat and lie and put on a pretty face.
My Drear, trust no one.
Little girls are mischievous.
Little boys are liars
And dear, never must you ever, judge a book by its cover.
Because we all have covers, covers and covers, waiting to be exposed.

So please, protect that pretty little heart of yours. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the line about all of us having "covers, covers and covers." True.

    ReplyDelete