Monday, February 9, 2015

Dream Threads


Its soul was in my body.  I was feeling what it was feeling.  And I was so scared. I don’t even know how to explain this. This isn’t me, this isn’t my soul. The last thing I remember is walking home from school today, I pick up my phone to look at the time and I start to sweat when realization hits me that everything I remember was from last week. This can’t be happening. I run down my narrow hallways careful not to bump into any of the pictures hanging on the wall and fly down my stairs trying to find my mom. “MOMMM!!” I yell as loud as I possibly can but no one answers. I look around our small living room in hopes to find my mom and dad sitting on the couches but nothing. I shuffle my feet making my way into the kitchen as quiet as I can be, something feels off. I can’t pinpoint this feeling but something isn’t right. I peak my head around into the kitchen only to find it empty much like the rest of my house. I turn away when something catches my eye, I walk over to the refrigerator and I notice a little blue sticky note that reads, “I know what’s happening to you. Meet me and Meadow Park at 12. Come alone. –V” My breath hitches at every word I read. I look at the clock and notice its 11, I have and hour until this ‘V’ person wants me to see them, who is V? What’s happening to me… okay Tristen get yourself together. Meadow Park is roughly ten minutes away by foot, I start weighting my options and fall to the ground. Tears start falling down my face and my breath starts getting deeper and deeper then I realize, I’m having a panic attack. I struggle to get up and bolt back to my bathroom throwing myself into my shower and turning the knob to the water until its scorching my skin, I sit in the burning water and try to gather myself and figure out what in the world is happening to me. I stand up, grab a towel and wrap it around my body as I lightly walk back to my room. I lay on my bed with my wet hair soaking on my back and think “What have I got to lose?” with that thought I jump out of bed, throw on my black skinny jeans with my white tank and run down the stairs for what seems like the thousandth time today. I grab my black jacket and start running to the park, I look down at my watch and notice that its 11:45 and I’m still 5 minutes away. When I arrive at the park I find a bench to sit on and wonder who I’m even looking for, I have no clue who “V” is. While I’m stuck in my thoughts I hear a shuffle next to me that snaps me out of my thoughts, I look to my left and see a man, well boy dark hair, dark eyes and even sitting down he towers over me. It’s safe to say in intensely petrified at the moment. He catches me studding his features and speaks in a deep smooth voice, “Tristen It’s nice to see you again” chills run down my spine when he says my name, I try to sound demanding when I say, “ are you V?” But it come out shaky. He rumbles a soft chuckle and nods his head while saying, “You’re wondering why you’re here, I can’t tell you, but I can tell you that feeling that you are experiencing isn’t your feelings. They’re someone else’s.” I didn’t think it was possible to feel more afraid but then he looked me in the eyes, leaned into my ear and whispered, “They are coming for you, and you need to run. Fast.” And with that he hands me a piece of paper and stalks off into the dark. I jump up and sprint back to my house, when I make it back I throw the door open and lock it shut making sure no one can get in. But when I turn around it’s not my house, but my family is here. I try to yell but no one hears me, I creep up the stairs into my room and my I get that feeling again in the pit of my stomach. I whisper, “Something’s not right” when I see myself laying in my bed and I try to wake myself up but it never seems to work.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so curious about what was on the piece of paper!!! Creepy ideas here.

    ReplyDelete