Thursday, April 30, 2015

Photo Writing


 

When I lie on the ground, unable to pick myself up,

You are always the one to pick me up off the ground.

When my self-esteem has plummeted,

You are the one to tell me I’m beautiful.

I’m scared when my days with you come to an end, you are everything to me,

My best friend, my brother, my lifeline.

I am scared of what I might become when you leave to start your life.

You have taught me so much, and given me my life back,

Without you I fear the worst.

That you for being my everything,

Thank you for dealing with all my drama when I was too broken to do it myself,

For protecting me when no one else did,

And for putting back together all my pieces when I fell apart.

That you for being everything I needed. I hope I can pay you back one day.

1 comment:

  1. This would make an amazing gift for the person pictured in the photo! Your words capture such gratitude and the major and minor ways he has shaped you. Frame it and write the poem on the back! Great graduation gift!

    ReplyDelete